Soon the Worldcup will be over and I will put up some pics of my family and niece as promised, but as long as the Worldcup is going on AND Germany is in the game you'll have to bear with me :)
I have to admit the game on Friday versus Argentina was tough, I mean TOUGH. Yes, Argentina was the better team, but better at fouling as well. I was biting my nails out of nervousness. It was such a tense game, nothing compared to the one against Sweden. I had lost all hope up until the equalizer by Klose in the '80 or what minute. When we went into penalties a guy next to me said 'That's it, Germany will win'. And we did! :) After this match whole Germany was in Euphoria! My sister called me and said everything came to a stand-still during the game. It's quite amazing what a transformation my country is going through since the Worldcup has started! I'm on the outside, but I can still feel it! :) I read a about it in newspapers as well...It was an article by Boris Becker and the headline read "I don't feel sheepish anymore for being German". Germans dare to fly the flag, are proud of their country, what's going on? This Worldcup has help us to overcome our "sheepishness" and I hope this new feeling of integrity will stay with us, even if the Worldcup has ended!
Wish us good luck for winning this Worldcup! It would be quite lovely! :)
Wish us good luck for winning this Worldcup! It would be quite lovely! :)
Tuesday, 4th July 2006, 8pm Germany vs Italy (semi final 1)
And please don't show Mrs Merkel on national TV this time. Even if she's a happy chancellor. (especially BECAUSE she is...)

1 comment:
Merkel's victory dance would go quite well with Carlton's (pictured below.)
Post a Comment