Sunday, May 06, 2007

No more "Ei" for Shirin








Shirin * June 1996 - † 30.04.2007

I can't put into words how deaply sad I am that Shirin had to go. It is like a member of the family having left, because she is, she was. She's grown up with me from when I was 13 years old and I have so many memories that I hold dearly. A dog dying is for me no different than a human dying. It hurts just as much. And while I know it's normal for me to be grieving, I am already looking forward to the day when it won't hurt so much to look at pictures of her and think of memories, because I don't want to deny that special place she had in our lives! It is tough to let go and it reminds me how precious life is and that we should be grateful for every moment that we can share with our loved ones. You have to invest in those relationships, show compassion and cherish them and if they're not satisfying try to make the best out of them. Because it can all be past so quickly! :(



(Ok, I have to admit. It is not the nicest video footage of her, but the last one I have made, I believe. Ryon was laughing at me for recording her eating a cracker...I thought the sound it makes is quite adorable, but I realize that some of you will find it just plain disgusting...)

3 comments:

Charlene said...

*schnief*

Anonymous said...

kopf hoch!! :( :)

Ryon said...

tchussi, klein hund. Ich würde wie Milena hat mehr Bilden von dir als die andern Familie gemacht vermissen..