Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Merry Christmas 2007!


I hope you're all having a grand old time with family and friends and if there is no family or friends to have a grand old time with, I still hope you take the chance to withdraw into the tranquility of this festive season and load your batteries, so that they're fully charged by the time you enter the new year - 2008! Yes, 2008! Wow, does time fly or what?

Ryon, I and our little one are having a great time! Yesterday, on the 24th we went to the 8pm service of my in-law's church where they had a live nativity with real animals and Mary and Joseph and Baby Jesus (not sure if the baby was real though, it was awfully quiet, contrary to Bennet). We sung Christmas Songs (which I like) and listened to Ryon's dad playing in the Church Brass Band (Ouch! ... just kidding). And there was a beautiful choir singing as well! And the preaching by paster Chip was quite good.

Around midnight, Baby Jesus had also arrived in my mother-in-love's nativity. Teeny tiny baby Jesus...(and I was wondering why the cradle was empty the whole time! *duh*)

Today, the 25th December we had a wonderful breakfast, opened up our presents (and we got tons of them! even an extra suitcase to carry them all home), went for a long walk in the sunshine and had our Christmas meal in the evening, organic Turkey, beans, messed up red cabbage prepared by me, mashed potatoes, cranberry jelly, gravy, all in all: YUM! And there are those delicious buckeyes, and cinnamon "puffs" and it's really quite hard to maintain my bodyweight, as it is rocketing sky high at the moment, weighing as much as I did when I was pregnant with Bennet if not more and my rear end is really quite gargantuan...but I'll get rid of the excess fat eventually. When we're back in London with no money to buy food :)

I am so glad to be so blessed to celebrate Christmas with Ryon's lovely family!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS, everyone!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Billy and I are going to see you in about an hour or so!!!! We can't wait!

Anonymous said...

Dear Milena!!! Wishing you Merry Christmas and a Happy 2008 Year! I have read through all of your blog, and very happy that you 1) got married 2) Gave birth to a baby 3) Found a good job at LEGO! Way to go, girl, you are very strong and determined! Well done! I miss you, Millie, please, please, try to stay in the UK till summer...If everything is ok, I will try to come to work for the summer, so we could meet up and catch up on things, like we used to...In Balham... Those were the days! You are all in my heart, guys, you are part of a very significant chapter in my life...Wish you well! Let God bless you, your family and your baby!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Milena -
As I promised, I will no longer be a ghost reader like I have been doing.
It was WONDERFUL to spend Christmas (or at least most of it) with you as well. Please know that you and your family are loved and missed. The house is quieter and emptier now. It is kind of sad in a way, but I am happy for the many pleasant memories of the holiday. It was a joy to meet you and spend the holiday together.
Catherine has been asking where all of you, Uncle Raaa and Bembem are. I am sure this is toddler for: I miss them!

With love,
Ellen

Milena said...

When you three had gone to your parents for Xmas the house seemed oddly quiet and empty as well and it was so nice to spend the last couple of days with all of you!I miss you! :( But hopefully see you again this summer! Bennet made leaps in his development during those two weeks. I can't leave him unattended in the happy-chair, cause even if he is strapped in he leans forward to touch and grab the seahorse or fish, turns to the side and falls out either right or left.