So Benny and I went to Germany as we were lucky enough to find a good childminder and had a really good time there. We had some nice and warm if not hot late summer days and Bennet got to play with sand in the sandpit for the first time, even had a little taste of the sand and decided it wasn't really his thing. You can see what we've been up to in the panel to the left where there should be a slideshow with all our pictures. He also got to ride a pony for the first time ever which was so cute! He managed to hold onto the saddle with the right hand and I walked on his left holding his left hand, but you should have seen him! He looked like a real cowboy (daddy's genes?)! So comfortable in the saddle, going with the flow! His first birthday was spent at home, playtime in the Morning, nap time around lunch and then the guests arrived for 3pm coffee and cake. I had made an apple crumble cake with custard on the side and a miniature marble cake with a number "1" sparkler on top that I lit up when all our guests were seated at the table to sing "Happy birthday..." He had a disbelieving look on his face that would change for a little smile for the sparkler that he reached out for to touch and then a "What's all this about!" sort of look again followed by a short squeak at the end, so I think he quite liked it! After that we walked our calories off in the park and stayed at the playground till dusk. Two days later his cousin Noelani turned 3 (I still can't believe it!) and we went to an indoor adventure playground with bouncing castles, a ball pool, tricycle track, huge climbing frames with slides and a soft play area with tunnels for Benny to whoop it up! Have I mentioned the scrumptious brunch at "Pasternack" the day after we arrived? Uhhhh! It was soooo yummy! They had sideboards filled with the yummiest of things, sweet and savory and of course it's all you can eat so the sky is the limit. I managed to stay away from meat as they had a good selection of vegetarian food, also. And all for a tenner! So cheap! On Sunday the 14th September we had the joint birthday party which was good, too. The only thing was that the children were to young to play with each other or engage in party games, but we played hit the pot easy version, basically blindfolding the little one (sometimes not even that), putting the pot right in front of him/her and encouraging them to hit it with the wooden spoon which made a lot of noise! :) So yeah, all in all we had a really good time!
5 comments:
I'm glad that you did, my dear loving schatz!
Ooooh pictures! :D Always welcome. HeheI'm glad you had a lovely time and great weather. The cake looks yummay and just in case I haven't done it yet: Happy Birthday Bennet! :)
Take care.
Dani
I'm so glad you had a good time (and I also enjoyed the pictures). It sounds like Bennet's birthday was wonderful. We had a party for him here (and even sang & had a vegetarian meal) but it was certainly missing our guest of honor and the 2 other beloved family members. Thanks for the update about your trip!
Awww, you had a party for Benny? That's sweet! Wish we could have been there, too! Glad you enjoyed the pics. Im chuffed I finally got it up and running. Meant to do it for a long time now for you to keep up to date with Bennet's growth! Shall have regular updates with pics of the little stinker from now on! :)
Hey, Milena! It's very interesting reading about what you've been up to! Keep up the good work! All the best to you and your famliy!!
Love, Anna
XXX
Post a Comment