Since 22nd of September I'm back at work part-time and it's quite good. Benny has settled in fairly well at the childminder. The first day he didn't have a lunchtime nap and was really tired and grumpy when we picked him up. I finished work dead on time as I was desperate to see Benny- you could only see a dustcloud of where I was. :) Now after two weeks he has settled in quite nicely, despite the Monday blues he gets after a long weekend with mommy and daddy. I find the balance between working and spending time with Benny really good. My brain gets some exercise! I even sit at my old desk with the view over Salt Hill Park. Still I mostly stare at my screen all day long, but it's nice to have the option of letting it wonder over some green and to look at the clouds passing by. At work, a lot of things have changed, but in other ways it seems like I've never been away. I'm still part of the Silver Champions Team, but only 4 people are left from my old team and 7 are new. I also have a "new" performance coach, who returned from her maternity leave a couple of months back and there is another team member that just returned from hers in May. It's quite nice to share the same experiences with fellow team members. I got some coaching the first 3 days to freshen up my memory and have been on the telephone from day 3. The new telephone system that was implemented in August is still a little confusing, but I'm slowly getting used to it. The people were also very nice in welcoming me back. I think I heard the question "How is it to be back?" a trillion times. :) So that's it so far from me. Ryon still likes his new job very much. He found out a couple of days ago that his old company is going bust (the UK part of the business) and has to close all the UK branches apparently. It brought him some Schadenfreude as you can see when you read his blog. :) More soon... Bye for now X
2 comments:
Aw great that you're feeling happy at work. :)
Hope all is well.
Take Care
Dani
It's such a relief to know that Benny is in good hands! I'm so glad you guys have adjusted well!
Post a Comment